Comp Screenshot Keyboard Shortcut Instructions
If you're on a Mac, you can also create a nifty keyboard shortcut using the following instructions.
- Go to System Preferences > Keyboard.
- In the Keyboard pane, go to the "Shortcuts" section and navigate to "App Shortcuts" on the left.
- Now a window opens, and browse though the Applications folder to select Adobe After Effects CC 2017.app (Or any other version like CS6)
- IMPORTANT: In the Menu Title field, enter the exact phrase "Take Comp Screenshot" without any spaces or quotations. Remember, this is case-sensitive. If you enter this incorrectly, it won't work.
- Now, assign a keyboard shortcut in the next field. 'Cmd+Shift+5' is recommended.
What about Windows?
Right now, it is not possible to create a keyboard shortcut in Windows.
(Mac & Windows 64 bit)